Blog Sections

Friday, June 3, 2011

Preashea Hilliard

It’s New Music Tuesday and I can’t wait to get to the car as I tear open the freshly wrapped plastic of my new CD. By the time I’m in the car, I immediately open the CD, read the credits and at the same time, I’m inserting my CD into the CD player. While reading the credits, my reactions are mmmm hmmm, oh okay and not bad to whoever wrote, produced, mixed, mastered and played on the project.

My ears are subject to the musical harmony of each instrument and I must listen for the Hammond B-3 which is by far my favorite instrument. I skip, excitedly, through all 13 tracks and depending on the project, I won't be able to get past the first five tracks. I listen for the introductions of each project and most of the time; I can perceive the flow of the song from the intro. I’ve been doing this for quite some time as I would host a review party and just “listen” to projects. Some projects have been conversational pieces while others have intrigued me and impacted my worship and love for God.

Currently, I’m listening to Preashea Hilliard’s CD entitled “Live Out Loud.” This young lady’s appearance on TBN a few months ago hosted by gospel singer, Cece Winans, sung her song “Oh How We Love You.” With a distinct voice, Preashea was mistaken for JoVita Sheppard (Artist from Brooklyn, NY).  My first thought “wow JoVita is on TBN,” but to my surprise it was Preashea Hilliard. I was captivated by Preashea’s worship and her heart for God; it was simply amazing. CeCe then tagged on and began to sing the vamp to the song and immediately I checked ITunes and within a few days I purchased the album.

Track 1 is entitled “He’s Able” and a familiar favorite sung by Darwin Hobbs on Voices of Unity with Detrick Haddon. Preashea brings a warm sound to her addition with her distinct voice. On track seven, “Oh How He Loves Us,” Preashea sings in tongues in key and within the flow of the song (amazing)!  You’ll have to listen closely to recognize her worship before the Lord. Her father, Bishop Hilliard, blesses track nine and after his prelude of “Jesus I Love You” he says “come on baby girl” and gives her the microphone.  

Preashea has an energetic, but PURE worship CD and if you are a worship leader, this is one to purchase.  We're not giving it 5 stars but 5 L's (Levite). A true Levite.  

Currently, we are waiting to hear back from Aaron Lindsey to get his views on Preashea's newly released project.




Note: JoVita Sheppard has appeared on TBN and her new project ROCK RIGHTEOUS debut Tuesday April 26, 2011 and is availale JoVita Sheppard Rock Righteous. 


#4LB